I have made a couple attempts at baked cheesecake before and had mediocre results. Did I tell you I loooove cheesecake? Especially baked cheesecake. I did some research and found a website where the chef made all kinds of impressive eggless desserts, albeit way more fancy than I would ever make.
This is her link:
Turns out she’s on the Food Network. Go figure!
She has at least 3 eggless baked cheesecakes on her website so I decided to adapt the chocolate one (of course). I did not make as large a one as she did mainly (nor as fancy) because I was experimenting and cheesecakes are expensive to make.
Eggless Chocolate Almond Cheesecake
- about half 400 g box graham crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup ground almonds ( I use Blue Diamond almonds because they are peanut free)
Mix together and press into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan
Mix: ( I used food processor)
- 2 pkgs cream cheese (250g each)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tbsp egg replacer not mixed with water (this was not in her recipe but I figured what the heck)
- 5 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (I was out so I used orange juice)
Mix until just smooth.
Pour onto crust and bake 1 hour at 325 degrees F. Then I turned off the heat and left it in the oven for another 15 minutes.
Cool completely and then top with ganache and extra chopped almonds.
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate
Heat the cream until almost boiling and pour over chocolate. Mix until melted, cool for a few minutes and pour over cooled cheesecake.
Refrigerate overnight if you can stand it! ( I waited 3 hours)
Note: Omit almonds if your child is allergic to tree nuts and substitute with white chocolate chips.