Granola is a great non-egg option for breakfast. It is yummy with fruit and yogurt or you can simply eat it as a cereal. This is made with honey and does not have any refined sugar. Homemade granola is so much better than out of a box and it is easy to make!
Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl:
- 4 cups large flake oats
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed meal
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans (or if nut allergic substitute with 1/2 cup coconut and 1/2 cup oats)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
In a separate bowl mix wet ingredients:
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and spread the granola out between the two pans. Bake at 275 degrees F for approximately 35 minutes. Stir two or three times while baking. Let cool on the pans.